Sunday, 15 November 2015

BTEC: Product Design

For one of my College assignments we had to create products. I had been a fan of the company San-X, or SanRio. They're a Japanese Stationery company which uses mascot cute characters to sell stationery items, similar to the company Paper Chase but with each line being for a certain character mascot, Hello Kitty is one of these mascots.
Examples of San-X's callender work


The brief for the assignment was to create a product for sale to the Horniman Museum which we visited for primary sources. I enjoyed an earlier study we did on repeating patterns and wanted to use this. I wanted to create a weekly planner for this, using the butterflies you can find at Horniman to create a repeating pattern, one that has also turned the butterflies into patterns themselves.



The primary programs I used to this were Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, creating the image in vectors which could be printed in a higher quality and change the size depending on the theoretical client's needs.

I went through many colour alterations but the main idea of the theme was pastel colours and a bold boarder



Here are the sample pages that went into my final piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment